Exiled to Motown premiered at two locations in southeastern Michigan in 2019. In 2020, we’re headed to the Detroit Historical Museum, where you’ll be able to walk through our self-guided 14-panel exhibit at your own pace.
The displays are written in English, printed in large format, and are wheelchair accessible. For other accessibility concerns, please contact the venue directly.
We will also host special exhibit-related programming during each run of the exhibit! For more information about these programs, please visit our Talks & Workshops page!
Summer 2020Summer 2021 – Detroit Historical Museum [POSTPONED DUE TO COVID-19]
Are you interested in proposing an additional venue for the Exiled to Motown exhibit? Feel free to contact us! We’re happy to work with you to put together a temporary exhibit at your local library, cultural center, etc. We are also interested in putting on pop-up showings for classrooms and festivals. Let’s talk!
- Consulate-General of Japan in Detroit (Detroit, MI) – October 2019
- University of Michigan (private classroom exhibition) – September 2019
- Ann Arbor District Library (Ann Arbor, MI) – April/May 2019
- Novi Public Library (Novi, MI) – June/July 2019
- JACL National Convention (Salt Lake City, UT) – August 2019